BREAKING: Autopsy Reveals Tagbo, Davido’s Friend Died Of Excess Alcohol, Drug
The Medical Examiner’s Office on Monday released the autopsy which revealed that alcohol was a substantial factor in the death of a 35-year-old Tagbo Umeike, the friend of music superstar Davido who died on his birthday last week.
It is learnt that the autopsy result also showed that the deceased had alcohol and drugs in his system capable of easing a person into the early stages of hypothermia and eventual death.
The toxicology tests detected in Tagbo Umeike alcohol (Bacardi 151, 75.5% Alcohol) and topiramate, a medication for epilepsy and/or migraines in a man’s system.
Tagbo’s blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) was at 0.112, higher than the 0.08 legal limit for normal human being state, the coroner’s office stated.
While his family claims that Tagbo “didn’t have a prescription for any type of topiramate medication”, the coroner’s office stated that the amount of drug in Tagbos’ system was in the “therapeutic range.”
A statement by the coroner’s office said, “Alcohol and topiramate are synergistic. When combined, the effect of either or both drugs is enhanced.”
“Topiramate, like alcohol, can cause dizziness, impaired memory, impaired concentration, poor coordination, confusion and impaired judgment.
“Central nervous system depression, or impairment, combined with cold exposure can hasten the onset of hypothermia and death.”
Tagbo was said to have gone on partying with Davido, Dammy Krane, Elejo and others on the eve of his (Tagbo) birthday on 3 October at Shisha Lounge on the Lagos Island.
After a round of drinks, the group decided shift to Oniru beach where an event was happening to continue their binging.
He was later find to be unconscious and rushed to Lagos General Hospital where he was confirmed dead.