Sponsored
Sports

Ejigbo Council Boss Money Tears Members Apart At Inter Football Ward Tourney

Sponsored
Sponsored
Ejigbo council boss, Monsuru Bello

A member of the ongoing Ejigbo Inter Ward football championship, Saheed Osho has allegedly accused the committee headed by Ahmed Shekoni for running the tourney as ‘one man show’

The competition which started last year Decembers is being bankrolled by Ejigbo council boss, Honourable Monsuru Oloyede Bello. Presently the competition has reached the final stage.

In a statement released to our correspondent, Osho popularly known as Soto explained that Shekoni popularly known as Lion has failed to carry a five members committee along since competition started last year December saying that the committee don’t know how much Ejigbo council boss, Honourable Monsuru Oloyede Bello  donated to support the competition.

“I am particularly sad and angry over the way Shekoni is running the competition. If I tell you that no member of the committee knows how much we received from Honourable Bello except Shekoni, you won’t believe it. He is running the competition as if he is the one sponsoring the tournament. There is no accountability, transparency and fairness in what he is doing.

“I am tired of his style of leadership and I think Ejigbo council boss should address this issue before it gets out of hand. He may say he used the money to buy cups, medals and other gift items as well as T-Shirt, branded the venues yet he cannot give accurate account how much he spent on these items. I am going to take it up and ensure that council boss involve in this matter” he said.

Osho also alleged that Shekoni had collected some money from individuals, sports philanthropists in Ejigbo and its environs without the knowledge of the committee saying that his attitude has forced some football fans, sports philanthropists to lose interest in the competition.

Reacting to this allegation, Shekoni in a telephone chat said there is no iota of truth in what Osho said saying that the aggrieved member had not contributed nothing to the organizing committee.

“Osho is unfortunate person. I gave him to sell T-Shirt and up till now I don’t see a dime from him. I bought trophies for winners, branded the participating teams and paid those who worked with us so where did he get information that I am not transparent in spending. I don’t have much to say and let me clearly state here that Osho is not a member of the committee and I am ready for his further action,” he said.

Sponsored
Alinnor Arinze

Recent Posts

Nigerian Youngsters Shine As FCV International Record 4-1 Win In London

Three Nigerian youngsters, Raheem Salaudeen, Fawas Ayomide Adeleke and Obiora Jacob Iyida, were on parade…

2 minutes ago

EFCC Arraigns FCMB Staff, Accomplice Over Alleged $25,000 Credential Deal

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday arraigned two men before the Federal…

1 hour ago

Zamfara Hosts Police Security Summit As Gov. Lawal Vows ‘No Negotiation With Bandits’

Governor Dauda Lawal has emphasised that bandits who refuse peace and threaten innocent people must…

1 hour ago

Access Bank Approaches Court Over Alleged N1.34bn Lost To Fraud

Access Bank Plc has approached the Federal High Court in Lagos to recover an alleged…

3 hours ago

Guinness Nigeria Partners With LASDRI To Strengthen Road Safety And Promote Responsible Driving In Lagos

Guinness Nigeria Plc has reaffirmed its commitment to promoting responsible drinking and safer roads through…

3 hours ago

President Tinubu Tasks Homeland Security Adviser To Lead Five-Year National Security Threat Assessment, Submits Plan Within 90 Days

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National Threat Assessment…

3 hours ago
Sponsored