Sponsored
Health

Ebola: Nigeria Approves N21.2m Outbreak Response Fund For Each State

Sponsored
Sponsored

The Federal Government of Nigeria has approved the release of N21.2 million in outbreak investigation and response funds, to each state to strengthen preparedness against Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) and other public health threats.

This is contained in a statement made available to newsmen by Mr. Ado Bako, Assistant Director, Information and Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, on Saturday, June 20, 2026, in Abuja.

According to Bako, Prof. Mohammed Pate, the Coordinating Minister of Health and Social Welfare, approved the disbursement of 50 per cent of the State Outbreak Investigation and Response Fund (S-OIRF) allocation.

He said the funds would be released through the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (NCDC) gateway of the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF).

Bako said the intervention formed part of measures to strengthen Nigeria’s readiness against Ebola and other emerging public health threats.

He added that the approval complemented broader Federal Government efforts to strengthen national preparedness and response capacities.

According to the statement, the efforts include the activities of the multi-sectoral Presidential Task Force on Ebola Preparedness and Other Health Threats.

Bako said that the task force would be chaired by the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila.

The spokesperson noted that although Nigeria had no confirmed case of the disease, the government was taking proactive measures to enhance preparedness.

He said the approval would enable states to access resources required to strengthen surveillance, preparedness and rapid response capacities during public health emergencies.

Bako further quoted Pate as directing all beneficiary states to retire both current and previously disbursed outbreak response funds within six months.

He said states must also ensure full compliance with established financial management, reporting and accountability requirements.

“This approval reflects our commitment to both health security and accountability.

“We will continue to support states to strengthen their capacity to prevent, detect and respond to public health threats while ensuring transparency in the use of public resources,” the minister said.

Pate reaffirmed the Federal Government’s commitment to safeguarding national health security through proactive preparedness, effective coordination and sustained investments in disease prevention, detection and response capacities nationwide.

Sponsored
Alinnor Arinze

Recent Posts

Hon. Odunmbaku Celebrates Ojodu APC Chairperson, Alhaja Stella Kokumo On Her Birthday Anniversary

  The Executive Chairman of Ojodu LCDA, Hon. Segun Odunmbaku, has felicitated with the Ojodu…

4 hours ago

Go Back Home? No. Let’s Talk Facts: Why Deputy Governor Hamzat’s Advice On Housing Is Practical, Not Surrender

BY SOLA FAJOBI I don’t like shouting matches online. I have bills to pay in…

5 hours ago

Gov. Dauda Lawal Commends Senator Yari’s Appointment As President Tinubu’s Campaign Council DG

The Executive Governor of Zamfara State, Governor Dauda Lawal has commended the appointment of Senator…

5 hours ago

Amb. Emeni Ibe Congratulates Fubara, Ogbuku & Abe On Appointment Into 2027 APC Presidential Campaign Council

The President General of the Orashi National Congress, ONC, Ambassador Comrade Emeni Ibe, JP, AP,…

6 hours ago

In-Form Noah Salaudeen Hits 42 Goal Contributions As O.G. Kaišiadorys Rout VRSK 6–3

Nigeria-born goalpoacher, Noah Abolaji Salaudeen, continued his red-hot form in Lithuania on Saturday, firing a…

8 hours ago

Orashi National Congress Congratulates Snr. Comr. Chidi Dogini On Appointment As NDEYL Director

The Orashi National Congress, ONC, has congratulated Senior Comrade Chidi Dogini on his emergence as…

9 hours ago
Sponsored