Guard Who Killed Female Boss in Lagos Arrested In Taraba

Posted on September 5, 2016

CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

Abdulateef

Three weeks after Tanko Abdulateef, a 22-year old house guard allegedly killed his employer, Mrs. Mabel Mba Okafor, of No J68B, Close 9, Victoria Garden City (VGC), Ajah, Lagos, the Lagos State Police Command has finally arrested the suspect.

Abdulateef, who was arrested from his hiding in Bali, Taraba State, was on 17 August said to have stabbed the victim in the stomach and left her stomach ripped open.

According to a statement signed by Mrs. Dolapo Badmus, the State Command Public Relation Officer, the suspect, after he allegedly murdered the 50 years old Okafor, took away valuable items from the victim including three phones, trinkets and a lot of clothes, all of which were recovered from him.

Badmos stated that the suspect would be charged to court after conclusion of investigation.

Giving a background of the crime, Badmos said after the report of Mrs. Okafor’s murder, the policemen went to the scene and discovered that the house had been ransacked and a lot of properties carted away.

“The woman had a House guard but the guard was nowhere to be found. The body of the victim was examined and it was noticed that she was stabbed in the stomach and her stomach ripped open,” the Police PPRO stated.

She continued, “She was moved over to the mortuary and the policemen from the division did necessary scene of crime investigations they were supposed to do, while the matter was transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

“The Commissioner of Police also called on the Decoy Team of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) in charge of Tracking and tasked them to deal with the matter as well, while the Team swung into operation and after about one week of serious work on the matter, they were able to identify the suspect to be the House guard of the victim and they tracked him to Bali in Taraba State.

“After about three days in Bali, they were able to recover some of the phones stolen from the victim before eventually arresting the suspect where he was hiding,” she narrated.

Badmos also confirmed that the suspect has been brought back to Lagos.

While reiterating the capacity of the Police to deal with criminals and any crime situation in the State, Badmos said people should be rest assured that any crime committed in the State will be thoroughly investigated and culprit brought to justice.

“There is no escape route for criminals in Lagos State. Any crime committed in Lagos will be unraveled. If you commit a crime in Lagos and run to anywhere in Nigeria, the Police in Lagos will come after you,” she said.

Meanwhile, the suspect has been handed over to the State CID for further investigation, while he will be charged to court at the end of investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

BY JOHN DAMULAK From time to time, political and administrative corruption have been major... Continue
NJOKU MACDONALD OBINNA Every milestone reflects vision, resilience, and the courage to build something... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA  The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, May 18, 2026,... Continue
Stakeholders in the built environment and sustainability sectors have reinforced the critical role of... Continue
President Bola Tinubu has condemned as barbaric the reported killing of one of the... Continue
One of Nigeria’s foremost policy groups, the Independent Media and Policy Initiative (IMPI) has... Continue
Brand strategist, ‘Jide Adeyemi, has urged Nigerians to embrace purposeful living, intentional leadership, and... Continue
BY PAUL IYOGHOJIE  Aggrieved surties rendering services to defendants granted bail at the Igbosere... Continue
The Performing Musicians Employers Association of Nigeria (PMAN) has adopted the Final Report of... Continue
  AFOLABI SAHEED OLAWALE All arrangements have been concluded for the successful hosting of... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored