GWR Fight 2025: You Have Our Support, House Committee On Sports Tells Bash Ali

Posted on December 8, 2024

<em><strong>L-R: African Boxing Ambassador, Bash Ali, OON, House Committee On Sports chairman, Hon Kabiru Amadu, Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Sports, Hon. (Engr.) Muhammed Jajere and U.S. based communications expert, Harry Agina during Ali’s visit to the National Assembly in Friday.</strong></em>

 

TAIWO ADELU 

The House of Representatives Committee on Sports has informed the World Boxing Federation (WBF) cruiserweight champion, Bashiru Lawrence Ali, OON, of its support as he rallies Nigerians for the first Guinness World Record (GWR) Boxing Championship Fight to hold outside of the United States of America which has been planned to be staged in Nigeria.

Ali, fondly called Bash Ali by his teeming admirers across the world, has been in the forefront to have this epic bout dubbed “Boxing to Shock the World” staged in Nigeria more than two decades ago. Successive governments since the administration of President Olusegun Obasanjo had been paying lip service to the organization of the GWR bout on the soil of Nigeria. But there is a ray of hope since President Bola Ahmed Tinubu assumed office as the government is favourably disposed to seeing Bash Ali, the African Boxing Ambassador becoming the oldest man on earth at 69 years to step on a boxing ring and if he win, he is going to be the oldest man on earth to win a world boxing championship.

The leadership of the National Sports Commission (NSC) led by Mallam Shehu Dikko hosted him recently where there was fruitful discussion on this GWR fight.

On Friday at the National Assembly, the House of Representatives Committee on Sports headed by Hon. Kabiru Amadu played host to the WBF champion alongside Hon. (Engr.) Muhammed Jajere, Deputy Chairman Committee on Sports.

P.M. EXPRESS reports that Bash Ali was at the National Assembly with U.S. based communications expert, Harry Agina.

“On behalf of the Committee, I want to express our appreciation to the champion for being here to discuss progress on the forthcoming fight,” said Hon. Ahmadu who went on to assure that: “Actually, we are happy about the progress made and today, we had a fruitful discussion with the World Champion.

“Though this fight is tagged Suicide Fight, but I can tell you that we have confidence in our champion to deliver.

“This Committee will be there for him anytime any day. The Committee is going to join hands with him to ensure that the dream of having this fight here in Nigeria comes to reality.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

ERNIE ONWUMERE  As we celebrate this Master Legislator whose birthday falls on 16 August,... Continue
  The Chief Executive Officer of renowned Buruj Football Club and Sports Academy, Dr.... Continue
Kamsy has become the third housemate to leave the Big Brother Naija Season 11... Continue
Former Governor of Abia State and Senator representing Abia North Senatorial District, Senator Orji... Continue
Oju Eko Initiatives is set to kick off its Community Walk, Fitness and Wellbeing... Continue
Young football talent, Iyida Jacob Obiora, is celebrating his 15th birthday today with a... Continue
The National Coordinator of a support group of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Comrade... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE  The ancient Umuchu town in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State... Continue
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu said the re-election of Governor Ademola Adeleke in the just-concluded... Continue
CAJETAN DUKE In continuation of his engagements with communities across Owerri Zone, yesterday Saturday,... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored