Jungle Justice: How Man, 23, Was Lynched Over Phone Theft

Posted on January 25, 2021

CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

Facts have emerged on how jungle justice was meted on a 23-year old man, Samuel Ajibade, as he was beaten to death for allegedly stealing phones in Ogun State.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that Police operatives from the Ogun State Police Command have so far arrested three suspects, who were alleged to have been involved in the murder of late Samuel during mob action.

This was disclosed by the Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi.
He identified the three suspects as Ugo Obi, Chinonso Jude and Chibuke Samson, who reside at MTN Street, Iju Ota, Ogun State.

DSP Oyeyemi said that they were arrested following a report by one Ajibade Gbenga, who reported at Onipanu Divisional headquarters that his son Samuel Ajibade was alleged to have stolen two mobile phones by the suspects, consequent upon which the three suspects jointly beat him to state of coma.

Oyeyemi said Ajibade informed the Police that the deceased was rushed to General Hospital, Ota for medical attention but was confirmed dead on arrival by the doctor on duty.

Upon the report, the DPO Onipanu Division, CSP Bamidele Job, led his detectives to the scene where the three suspects were quickly arrested. It was the quick response of the Police that saved the suspects from being lynched by the angry mob, which had gathered to apply jungle justice on them immediately they heard that the victim had died.

“The corpse of the deceased has been deposited at the General Hospital mortuary at Ota for post mortem examination” he said.
He added that the Commissioner of Police, CP Edward Awolowo Ajogun, has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspects to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and intelligence Department SCIID, for further investigation and diligent prosecution.

The three suspects may likely be charged for murder which attracts life imprisonment if the Police finds them culpable and they are found guilty before the Court.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

KINGSLEY EBERE A 32-year old man, Wisdom Solomon, has been charged before the Lagos... Continue
MAZI EJIMOFOR OPARA  If you’ve ever walked through Onitsha Main Market at 8 a.m.,... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA  A 37-year-old man, Oluwafemi Lekan, has landed in trouble in Ekiti State... Continue
A support group loyal to Lagos State House of Assembly aspirant, Mr Gbolahan Bago-Stowe,... Continue
In a landslide manner, Hon. Folorunso Ola Western has emerged victorious in the just... Continue
FUNSHO AROGUNDADE  Billionaire magnate and Chairman of FirstHoldCo, Mr. Femi Otedola has appealed to... Continue
The immediate past Executive Chairman of Agege Local Government Area, Ganiyu Kola Egunjobi, and... Continue
AFOLABI SAHEED OLAWALE Head Coach Eric Chelle has picked his Super Eagles’ squad that... Continue
The Anambra State Government said its attention has been drawn to a false and... Continue
A fresh legal battle has broken out at the Federal High Court in Lagos... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored