Kidnapped Anambra Politician Finally Regains Freedom

Posted on November 25, 2023

IZUNNA OKAFOR

Chief Patrick Ezeanaka, a grassroots politician, who was reportedly kidnapped by yet-to-be-identified thugs in Anambra State, has finally regained his freedom after spending two weeks in the hands of his abductors.
Recall that Chief Ezeanaka, a native of Nanka community in Orumba North Local Government Area of Anambra State, was said to have been whisked away by the some heavily-armed thugs, who assassinated the Warn 1 Chairman of the Young People’s Party (YPP) in Nanka, Chief Joseph Ezenwegbu (Joe Mohale) on Saturday, November 11, 2023.
However, his whereabouts had remained unknown since then, while the security operatives kept making efforts to secure his safe release and also unmask the people behind the attack.
Howbeit, the abducted politician on Friday regained his freedom and returned safe to his home.
His safe return was announced by his son, Mr. Henry Ebuka Ezeanaka, who took to his social media handles to celebrate the news.
Although Mr. Ezeanaka did not explain the health condition of his father after he regained his freedom; sources from Nanka revealed that the aged man looked good and fresh.
The son also did not explain the circumstances surrounding his father’s abduction and his freedom barely two weeks after, even as it is still not yet known whether a ransom was paid for his release or he was granted an unconditional release.
All efforts made by this reporter to secure further clarifications on the kidnap and release of Chief Ezeanaka proved abortive, as his phone number and that of his son phone number were not connecting, while the son was also yet to respond to the text message of enquiries from this reporter as at the time of this publication.
Howbeit, when contacted by this reporter, the Police Public Relations Officer for the Anambra State Police Command, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, described the news of Chief Ezeanaka’s freedom as a welcome development, while also assuring that the Police are still resolute in their efforts to hunt down and unravel the identities of those behind the attack through the ongoing investigation on the matter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

BY TONY MONYE In point of fact, Lagos State is beyond a State. And,... Continue
ILESANMI OLUKEMI MOTUNRAYO The Court of Appeal, Lagos Division, has overturned the conviction and... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE The Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigation... Continue
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu congratulates the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) and the... Continue
OLUWADAMILOLA AKINDURO The Ondo State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, under the... Continue
JOSEPH TEGBE When President Donald Trump arrived in Beijing alongside America’s most powerful business... Continue
The Permanent Chairman of the Southern Nigerian Traditional Rulers Council (SNTRC), Arole Oodua Olofin... Continue
The Presidency has disclosed that there is no truth to the viral fake story... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA The Lagos State Special Task Force on Land Grabbing has described the... Continue
The Senator representing Delta North in the National Assembly, Ned Nwoko has said that... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored