Police Begin Mopping Up Arms & Ammunition In Imo

Posted on June 8, 2021

CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

The Commissioner of  Police, Imo State, CP Abutu Yaro, has began the mopping up of arms and ammunition in the possession of criminal elements in the State.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that the Police boss warned criminals in possession of firearms belonging to security agencies in the state to return them on or before 12th June 2021.

He said failure to comply with this directive, the Police would embark on mop-up of the arms at the expiration of the ultimatum and those caught with the weapons would face the full weight of the law.

CP Yaro made this known on Sunday while parading the bodies of five gunmen killed in Owerri on Sunday after repelling an attack on the Imo Police Command Headquarters.

Security forces, which carried out the operation, were made up of the Police, Military, and Department of State Security.
This was disclosed by the Police Public Relations Officer in charge of the Command, Mr. Bala Elkana. He said the hoodlums met their waterloo during a failed attempt to attack the Imo State Government House and Police Headquarters.

He said the gang, led by one of the deceased popularly known as “Dragon”, was responsible for the attacks on security personnel, Police facilities, and Government property in the state.

Mr. Elkana said a member of the gang was apprehended during the operation noting that confessional statement from the suspect led to the dislodgement of their camp in Ikeduru Local Government area of the state and subsequent freeing of a woman Police officer abducted by the gang on Tuesday last week.

The suspect, Stanley Osinachi, who hails from Mbieri in Mbaitoli Local Government area of Imo State, confessed to the crime noting that they were on a mission to attack security agencies before his men fell to the superior fire power of agencies.

Items recovered from the gang were two buses, four AK-47 rifles, locally made explosive devices, and charms.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Access Bank Plc has approached the Federal High Court in Lagos to recover an... Continue
Guinness Nigeria Plc has reaffirmed its commitment to promoting responsible drinking and safer roads... Continue
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National Threat... Continue
The Oyo State Government has reiterated its commitment to strengthening evidence-based HIV prevention strategies... Continue
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed Mr Abel Olumuyiwa Enitan as the Head of... Continue
The Olota of Ota, Oba Professor Adeyemi AbdulKabir Obalanlege, alongside other Awori traditional rulers,... Continue
Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola (APC, Ogun West), the consensus governorship candidate of the All... Continue
CAJETAN DUKE  The ongoing 2026 Women August Meeting engagements of the Action Peoples Party... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE  The Federal Government has commissioned two upgraded transmission substations in Lagos, adding... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE  A 62-year-old man, Mr. Somade Segun, is facing charges before a Lagos... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored