Police Uncover House-To-House Kidnapping Syndicate

Posted on March 2, 2021

CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

Kidnapping, which has almost become a type of business, may have taken another dimension in Lagos following the abduction of a businessman in his house by a criminal syndicate, which move from house to house to abduct victims and obtains ransom before such persons will regain freedom.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that the businessman, Godwin Osakwe, was said to have been captured and detained until he pay N1m ransom before he was released.

The incident happened at Plot C Holy Trinity Estate, Apaje Road, Imota area of Ikorodu, Lagos, where the victim, Godwin Osakwe resides with his family.

According to Police sources, the bandits targeted Osakwe when he was at home, captured and detained him for several hours threatening to kill him if he did not cooperate with them.
The victim had no option than to cooperate and he provided the money before he was released.

The ugly incident was reported to the Police, who moved into action and arrested one of the suspects while other were said to be at large.

The suspect, Afeez Odunuga, was said to have conspired with others now at large at about 9.30hours, captured and detained the victim before they collected ransom to release him.

After thorough interrogation and being found culpable, he was subsequently charged before the Ogba Magistrates Court for the alleged offence which attracts several years of imprisonment if he is tried and found guilty before the Court.
He pleaded not guilty. 

The prosecutor, Supol Kehinde Ajayi, asked the Court to give a short date for adjournment for the matter to go on trial in order for the Police to prove that he actually committed the alleged offence.

The Presiding Magistrate, Mrs. A. O. Ajibade, granted him bail in the sum of N1m with two sureties in like sum and ordered remanded him at Correctional Centre at Kirikiri town, Lagos, pending when he will perfect his bail conditions.

The matter was adjourned till 17th March, 2021, for mention.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that the syndicate had been operating for a while; going from one house to the other to abduct and obtain ransom from victims in the area before the last incident, which eventually exposed them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

WISDOM ONIEKPAR IKULI    The title of this piece is borrowed from Prof. Ola... Continue
The Oyo State Government has sealed off Ar-Rahmon Khabul Herbal Nigeria Limited, located at... Continue
The ancient and industrious community of Odo-Nla in Ikorodu, Lagos State, stood still in... Continue
Two ruling houses of Adetunji and Falade in Iroko, Akinyele local government area of... Continue
  The Executive Governor of Anambra State, Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo, CFR, on Thursday... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE  The traditional leader of Ndigbo in Oto Awori LCDA, Eze Timothy Nwanoro,... Continue
OMOGBOLAHAN L.A. BABAWALE    Nigeria is once again at a crossroads, and this time... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE  The Chairman of Council of Igbo leaders in Lagos State, Eze Chika... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE  A 28-year old lady, Amarachi Olaoye, has been arrested and charged in... Continue
HON DR ABIAZIM CHIMA  Nigeria is not a theater stage where celebrity contestants mount... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored