You Must Marry Me – Jilted Man Tells Lady

Posted on July 4, 2022
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE 
 
 
 
A jilted 35-year old man, Paul Ibeh, who reportedly spent huge sums of money on his estranged lover, Miss Vero Chiobu, who eventually dumped him, has insisted that she must get married to him having spent such huge amount of money on her while their relationship lasted in Lagos State. 
 
P.M.EXPRESS reports that the incident happened at Mosafejo area of Ojo, where both Paul and Vero met and resided before they got engaged in the relationship for some years.
According to Police sources, the lady, Miss Vero met Paul and they went into a relationship, in which they later agreed to get married, which prompted Paul to continue to spend money lavishly on her with the hope that they will eventually get married.
However, after some years, Vero was said to have realized that she cannot cope with Paul in the marriage and informed him about it before she opted out of the relationship.
The decision was said to have angered Paul, who complained bitterly that while they were into the relationship, he had been spending on her; Paul therefore, insisted that Vero will not dump him or else he will kill her and any person that supports her not to get married to him.
This reportedly led to constant threats on Vero’s life as Paul was said be going to her house at odd hours banging at the gate to gain entrance in order to carry out the alleged threat on her.
The matter was reported to the Police at Ojo Division. Paul was then arrested and detained at the station for interrogation over his threats to kill her.
The suspect, Paul, reportedly told the Police that he met Vero and they both agreed to get married. And because she was to be his future wife, he was spending huge sums of money on her and when he was about to formalize the union, she opted out.  He insisted that he will not allow Vero to leave him and would carry out his threat on her.
After interrogation, the Police found his conduct culpable and subsequently charged before the Ojo Magistrates Court for alleged threat to life.
He pleaded not guilty when he was arraigned.
The prosecutor, Mr. E. Adesulu, then asked the Court to give a date for hearing since he pleaded not guilty to enable the Police to prove that he actually committed the alleged offence.
The Presiding Magistrate, Mrs. D.S. Oduleoya, granted him bail in the sum of N20,000 with two sureties in like sum.
However, he was remanded in custody at the Correctional Centre at Kirikiri town, Lagos, pending when he will perfect his bail conditions while the matter was adjourned to 5th August, 2022, for mention to see if the parties will make peace and resolve the matter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

The Oluwole Estate Field erupted in unforgettable scenes today as the DOS Mega Football... Continue
Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the recent Riyadh 2025 Islamic Solidarity Games, Yussuf Amuda... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE A 31-year old man, Nwaeze Tochukwu, has been arrested and charged in... Continue
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has sent the names of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the... Continue
BY DARE OJEPE There are moments in a nation’s life when hesitation becomes a... Continue
The Rivers State Police Command has said that its attention has been drawn to... Continue
The President General of respected Niger Delta socio-cultural group, Orashi National Congress, ONC, Amb... Continue
The trial of alleged serial fraudster, Fred Ajudua, before Justice M. A. Dada of... Continue
As the D-day for the Asaba 10km International Road Race draws closer, the organisers... Continue
CHRISTIAN ABURIME In the ₦757.9 billion “Changing Gears 3.0” budget presented by Anambra State... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored