9 Suspects Arrested As Police Move Against Land Grabbers In Ogun State

Posted on August 5, 2023

MICHAEL AKINOLA 

Police operatives have finally moved against land grabbers, who have been terrorizing and intimidating innocent people and forcefully collecting their properties in Ogun State. 

 

P.M.EXPRESS reports that so far, the Ogun State Police Command have  arrested nine of the notorious suspects for harassing, intimidating and attacking residents of Odosegolu village in Ijebu Ode, along Ijebu-Ode-Epe expressway in Odogbolu Local Government Area of Ogun State.

 

This was disclosed by the Police Public Relations Officer of the State Command, SP Omolola Odutola, who confirmed that they were in Police custody undergoing interrogation over their alleged conduct.

She mentioned those suspected land grabbers included Akeem Rabiu aged 42, Ayodele Nureni, 49, Wasiu Olamilekan 32, Abiodun Adeoye 40, Samuel Abayomi 36, Sesan Badejo 35, Ademola Ajayi 58, BabaFemi Badejo 59 and 31-year old Jimoh.

She alleged that the suspects, as notorious land grabbers, were said to have engaged in series of illegal forceful entry into other people’s properties and attacking whoever confronted them with all manners of dangerous weapons.

Reprieve however, came the way of these residents when the Area Commander of Ijebu Ode, ACP Omosanyi Adeniyi, while acting on intelligence led some team of crack detectives to the community to curtail the illegality of these alleged criminals.

The suspects were said to have been arrested with dangerous weapons, charms and even narcotic substances. They were all alleged to have confessed to degrees of illegal land conversion, stealing of lands, as well as defrauding people of their hard earned money.

Earlier last month, the Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alamutu, in his maiden speech made it clear that he would never allow those masquerading as land grabbers to ever have a field day again in the state.

 

Thus, the manhunt for the land grabbers, which has paid off with the arrest of the suspects, who were said to have been charged to Court following the conclusion of investigations by the Police.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Respected Niger Delta socio-cultural group, the Orashi National Congress, ONC, has commended the late-night... Continue
The trial of Ali Bello, Chief of Staff to the governor of Kogi State,... Continue
In a significant move to address the humanitarian crisis wrought by banditry and internal... Continue
As Africa’s foremost tech icon, Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh, turned 70 on February 22,... Continue
The Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun will, on Wednesday, February 18,... Continue
In recent months, the name Fawumi Kayode Abiodun, popularly known as FKA, has continued... Continue
JAMES MARRIOTT  Whoever runs Private Eye’s fortnightly compendium of pretentious quotations, Pseuds Corner, could... Continue
WISDOM ONIEKPAR IKULI      Before proceeding to the crux of this piece, it... Continue
A clarification has been issued over the legal status of Woobs Resources Limited, affirming... Continue
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commended the signing of a strategic Memorandum of Understanding... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored