Kidnapped GUO Bus Passengers Rescued By Police With 4 Others Earlier Abducted

Posted on April 26, 2026

KINGSLEY EBERE

It was a big sigh of relief for the families of passengers of GUO Motors Transport Company, who were kidnapped along the Ore-Benin Expressway, Edo State, as they have been successfully rescued alive.
P.M.EXPRESS reports as was disclosed by the Edo State Police Command, which confirmed the successful rescue of the passengers with four other kidnapped victims, who were abducted earlier this month and held in captivity within the Imiegba forest in Agenebode area of Edo State.
The rescue of the kidnapped victims was announced in a statement by the spokesperson of Edo Police Command, ASP Eno Ikoedem on Friday.
The PPRO stated that the Police successfully rescued a total of nine kidnapped victims by the operatives in the two operations through sustained pressure exerted by the Police on their abductors.
ASP Eno said, “This breakthrough was achieved following the immediate and massive deployment of tactical teams, intelligence assets, aerial surveillance, and other operational resources by the Commissioner of Police, CP Monday Agbonika, to the affected corridor”.
“The sustained rescue efforts coordinated bush-combing operations, and strategic domination of the area exerted pressure on the kidnappers ultimately leading to the safe rescue of all victims. They have since received medical evaluation and treatment and reunited with their families.”
“In a related development, the Command also successfully rescued four (4) other kidnapped victims who were abducted earlier this month and held in captivity within the Imiegba forest in Agenebode. They have likewise received medical attention and are safe, making a total of Nine (9) kidnapped victims rescued.”
The Edo State Police Command also reassured the public, particularly commuters and residents, that security deployment along the Benin–Lagos Expressway and adjoining communities has been significantly strengthened.
According to the Command, tactical, intelligence, and operational assets have been fully activated across the axis and will remain in place until the route is completely safe and secure for all road users.
Eno also said the Command is also intensifying efforts to apprehend the perpetrators of these heinous crimes.
“We are confident that all those involved will be tracked down and brought to justice in the shortest possible time” ASP Eno stated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

BY ‘TUNDE OGUNMOLA The latest appointment of Dr. Muiz Adeyemi Banire, SAN, OON, as... Continue
Africa’s Global Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has graduated and inducted 374... Continue
BY GBENGA ADEYINKA Lagos is not just another state. It is Nigeria’s economic powerhouse,... Continue
    The President General of notable Niger Delta socio-cultural group, the Orashi National... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE The Legal Adviser of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Lagos State, Barr. Nkechi Agubuzor, has... Continue
The Nigerian Institute of Journalism Alumni Association (NIJAA), on Sunday morning, announced the constitution... Continue
  The Convener and Lead Resource Person of The Think-Tinubu Initiative, 3TI, Omogbolahan L.A.... Continue
BY SUNDAY DARE In the architecture of modern political opportunism, few spectacles rival the... Continue
The Convener and Lead Resource Person of The Think-Tinubu Initiative, 3TI, Omogbolahan L.A. Babawale,... Continue
DON EBUBEOGU I saw the article my brother, Celestine Ebubeogu wrote about the influx... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored