Company Decries Demolition of N600m Property, Asks IGP For Speedy Intervention

Posted on July 31, 2024
MICHAEL AKINOLA 
A Lagos State based real estate development company, Harmony Gardens and Estate Development Limited, has called on the Inspector General of Police, IGP Kayode Egbetokun, to set up an independent Committee to investigate the demolition of its properties worth about N600 000 000 ( six hundred million Naira). 
The company also called on the Police boss to direct the committee to investigate incidents of land grabbing around Ibeju Lekki and Epe in Lagos State and also to order the Zone 2 Police Command at,Onikan, to comply with an order of the Court, which restrained them from acting or arresting anybody in connection with the Oju Ota land in Epe.
A Federal High Court of Nigeria, sitting in  Lagos and presided over by Justice  A. O. Awogboro, had earlier restrained the IGP and others “by themselves, agents, senior officers from further arresting, detaining, investigating, inviting, intimidating, threatening, harassing or taking any untoward action against the applicant ( Harmony Gardens).
The Judge also gave an order “directing the IGP and others to maintain status quo, suspend and hold all actions, complaints, investigations record, in abeyance pending the determination of the substantive application.
According to Hon Saeed Mosadoluwa, the Chairman / CEO of the company,  setting up such a committee will put a total end to land grabbing, not just along the corridor but also in other parts of Lagos State.
He urged the Police to investigate the acclaimed judgement with which his company’s property was demolished, noting that the judgement had some years ago been already executed at another place.
The company’s boss stated that the latest onslaught against his company is not unconnected with a large expanse of land that it acquired from three families that jointly signed for the agreement and Memorandum of Association.
Hon Mosadoluwa stated that the Obadimeji Oshodi, Oni Onisan and Oko Onisan family jointly sold the land in question to his company after they reached an amicable settlement on the instance of the monarch of the town.
The businessman, popularly known as Ibile, told newsmen that, “After they all had an amicable settlement at the instance of Oloja of Epe, Oba Kamorudeen Animasaun, the three families jointly sold the land to my company”.
He added, “A disagreement ensued among members of the Oni Orisan Family over the sharing of the money for the sale of the property”.
“On the 26th of March 2024, the family in a letter, signed by many of them, including Dupe Idowu Damazio, wrote a letter to my company acknowledging that their family sold the land to us but pleaded that we should not make any further payment to their head of the family.”
“I am disappointed that they are claiming ownership of the land, which they already admitted selling to my company and they are deceiving the Police with a judgement that had already been executed.”
The company’s CEO also said that the office of the Attorney General of Lagos State and the Chief Sheriff of the state have already begun investigations into the circumstances surrounding the Warrant of Possession with which the judgment was not executed.
He said, “They claimed to have a judgment against China Harbour and they had already executed that judgement. Why are they now demolishing the investments of Nigerians, home and abroad, which are entrusted in my company’s care?”
He expressed his disappointment, “I am surprised that despite the order of a Federal High Court, Policemen from Zone 2 accompanied them to demolish  multi million Naira property”.
“I am getting tired of all these problems. Our company is developing properties in  Sudan and Benin Republic. We don’t encounter the kind of problem we encounter in Nigeria” Ibile complained.
Ibile also denied that himself or any of his workers led anybody at the site when he said, “I was not even around when the whole thing happened”.
“It was the AIG Zone 2 that called me that people were blocking the road and protesting along the Lekki – Epe expressway and asked for my intervention and I quickly intervened.”
He also stated, “It was the CP Crack Team in Epe that arrested two of the invaders, including a female member of the Oni orisan Family. They confessed to having demolished our property but the AIG asked the case file to be transferred from the Lagos State Command to Zone 2”.
Meanwhile, the head of Oni Orisan  Family, Pa Moshood Oni Orisan, blamed the latest crisis on the move by his family to resell the land, which they had jointly sold with other families.
The family head said, “It is true my family sold land to Ibile and his company. Members of my family have taken me to different Police stations over the matter”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

DANIEL OLUWATOBILOBA POPOOLA  Senior Comrade Lasisi Ayinde Akinsanya, Executive Chairman of Igando-Ikotun Local Council... Continue
The All Progressives Congress Ward Congress in Oluyole Local Government area, Oyo State, was... Continue
FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC through its Peak Yoghurt brand made from locally sourced 100%... Continue
BY ADEBAYO ADEOYE  That Abuja Investments Company Limited, AICL has entered a new phase... Continue
In continuation of his educational support initiatives and following established tradition, the Distinguished Lawmaker... Continue
Following palpable tension and anticipation, which trailed the endorsement of Engr. Harmony Igwela by... Continue
BY PRINCE ADEYEMI SHONIBARE  A PRESIDENT FOR HARD TIMES Muhammadu Buhari governed Nigeria during... Continue
Award winning Nigerian producer and singer Pheelz will be in the spotlight this weekend... Continue
The President General of respected Niger Delta socio-cultural group, Amb Comrade Emeni Ibe (JP... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE  The Police Service Commission has approved the promotion of AIG Fayoade Adegoke... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored