Court Didn’t Void Sale Of 9mobile

Posted on April 5, 2019

9mobile, Nigerian GSM telecommunications service provider, on Thursday said that the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja did not nullify the sale of the company to Teleology Nigeria Ltd.

Ore Olajide, 9mobile’s Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, said that online media reports that the Federal High Court, Abuja had nullified the sale was false.

He said that the court on April 1, 2019 made an order for parties to maintain status quo as at April 25, 2018 because as at the said date, EMTS (9mobile) was not a party to the suit before the court.

“The sale of 9mobile to Teleology Nigeria Limited has not been nullified.

“The court made an order to maintain status quo as at April 25, 2018 when 9mobile was not a party to the suit and we have appealed the ruling as well as sought an injunction pending appeal at the Court of Appeal”.

“The action before Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court is not about the sale of EMTS (9mobile) but rather, the transfer of the license even without locus standi, ” he said in a statement.

Olajide urged all subscribers and all stakeholders of 9mobile to remain calm as matters were under control.

He noted that the team of legal counsel were doing everything in their power to put everything in order.

Olajide said that 9mobile remained focused on providing best in class telecommunication services to its subscribers and would provide necessary updates in due course.

The Federal High Court in Abuja had earlier warned the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) and others involved in the transaction for the sale of troubled telecom firm, 9mobile against taking further steps to conclude the sale.

The warning was informed by claim by some aggrieved investors that despite a subsisting order of the court, made on October 10, 2018 by Justice Binta Nyako, barring parties to the transaction from taking further steps pending the determination of the suit, the CBN, First Bank and others have allegedly sold the firm and transferred its ownership.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

       For decades, the United States has approached Africa as a chessboard of security... Continue
The National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) has cancelled the certificate of registration of Universal Insurance... Continue
The Iconic Brand Africa (TIBA) has officially announced the opening of nominations for the... Continue
BY OLADAPO SOFOWORA  While many are wondering why naysayers of Governor Dauda Lawal are... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA   The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, has dismantled an international... Continue
All roads lead to OJEZ Lounge, National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos, on Sunday, August 30,... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE Police at Area ‘M’ Command, Idimu, have arraigned a 65-year-old woman, Kudirat... Continue
Lagos State Government has intensified monitoring of major healthcare infrastructure projects as the 280-bed... Continue
AYINDE O. AYINDE, PhD  For decades, Nigeria occupied the paradoxical position of being one... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE A 53-year-old man has been arraigned before a Lagos Magistrate Court over... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored