I Was Already A Dreaded Cultist Causing Havoc At 12 – Suspect

Posted on February 13, 2020

MICHAEL AKINOLA


The confession of the leader of Berry Boys, a secret cult, who said that he joined the cult at the age of 12, may have exposed lack of parental care and decadence in the society in Nigeria.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that the 22-year-old Maliki Bello said he joined the cult group at that tender and since then he had been causing havoc and violence.
Bello was arrested alongside 11 others by operatives of the Special Strike Force on Social Miscreants of the Lagos State Police Command.
This was confirmed by the Lagos State Police spokesperson, DSP Bala Elkana, who said the dreaded cult leader was arrested on 4th February, 2020, after operatives from Itire Police Station led by the Divisional Police Officer, SP Barkfur Kromkyes, monitored his activities.
He said Bello had been on the wanted list of the Lagos State Police Command and upon his arrest he revealed that he was initiated into cultism at the age of 12 when he was in Junior Secondary School (JSS1). He further revealed that they use Facebook and other social media platforms to recruit new members.
“Maliki is the supreme leader of the notorious Berry Boys Secret Cult with operational base at Itire. He is a native of Lalopun, Kwara State but resides at No. 23 Ayinla Street, Idiaraba area of Lagos State. Maliki has been on the wanted list of the Police for violent crimes and gang clashes.”
“The suspect confessed to be responsible for series of violent attacks, murders and armed robbery incidents recorded in Idiaraba, Lawanson, Dosunmu, Ashimowo Bakare, Omo-Bola Mushin and Itire. The suspect told detectives that he was initiated into the cult at age 12 when he was in Junior Secondary School (JSS1).”
“He later rose to the number one position, mostly addressed as the supreme leader of the Berry Boys Confraternity. The gang has an official Facebook page (Bbl Baloteli) with 1,928 friends. According to Maliki, they use the Facebook page and other social media accounts to recruit new members, plan attacks and give updates to members. Discreet investigation carried out by the Police also led to the arrest of 11 other members of the cult” Bala added.
“The onslaught on social miscreants launched by the Commissioner of Police is intelligence driven, targeting mostly the leaders of the gangs and cult groups and blocking the channels through which they recruit young people. The Special Strike Force on Social Miscreants has successfully brought under control the activities of various cults and gangs in the State through well coordinated and targeted operations. The onslaught will be sustained until they are totally defeated.”

One response to “I Was Already A Dreaded Cultist Causing Havoc At 12 – Suspect”

  1. Don says:

    too bad. poor parental upbringing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

UGOCHUKWU UGWUANYI  This synchronicity between Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the LoveWorld Nation and erstwhile... Continue
ABIODUN KOMOLAFE With the prospect of a Second Term – whether deserved or not... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE A 31-year-old man, Abiodun Raji Kazeem, was on Friday arraigned before a... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE  There is excitement in the air in Umuchu, the pride of Aguata... Continue
— MAZI EJIMOFOR OPARA  In the over two decades of APGA’s existence, party faithfuls... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE 43-year-old Adesokan Babatunde has been arraigned before a Lagos Magistrate Court in... Continue
ADEOLA OGUNLADE  The Executive Chairman of Ikeja Local Government, Comrade Akeem Olalekan Dauda (AKOD),... Continue
  The Secretary to the Anambra State Government, Mrs. Chiamaka Nnake, has made clarifications... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE A 33-year-old man, Adebowale Taiwo, was arraigned before an Ejigbo Magistrate Court... Continue
EBERE UZOUKWA, PhD  As Abia State marks its 35th anniversary, the decision by the... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored