Oba Of Ijegun Lands In Trouble Over Land Grabbing

Posted on August 21, 2019

MICHAEL AKINOLA


This may not be the best of times for the traditional ruler of Ijegun Land, in Lagos, HRM Oba Nureni Akinremi, following a petition against him over allegations of land grabbing.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that the Lagos State Special Task Force on land grabbing has started investigation on the allegations of intimidation, harassment and forceful taking over of a parcel of land belonging to one Salau Rasaq Atanda despite the Court judgment.

This followed a petition written by Salau Rasaq Atanda to the Chairman of the Task Force through the office of the Attorney General of the Lagos State, Ministry of Justice.
In the petition dated 16th August, 2019, the petitioner alleged that Oba Akinremi was threatening his life, oppressing and committing unlawful acts against him over a parcel of land he had developed and was under construction.
Atande recalled that he bought five plots of land several years ago at Onijegun before Akinremi became the Oba. When he, Akinremi ascended the throne, he encroached on the land, which was subject of litigation before they had agreement and he collected three plots of the said land and another payment of over N200,000 in the interest of peace.
Atande said he went to continue work on the two plots he had already started work on before the matter was resolved in Court based on consent agreement but Akinremi went there and stopped work asking him to go and take another person’s land, which the person had developed.
He alleged that Akinremi was using Police to intimidate and harass him in order to take over the said land after he had collected his three plots and sold; he now wants to collect the remaining two plots he had commenced foundation works on with the aid of the Police.

Atande pleaded with the Lagos State Government to call Oba Akinremi to order so that he can continue work on the land.

When P.M.EXPRESS correspondent visited the Lagos State Task Force on land grabbing, the Chairman was not around to comment on the matter. However, a source at the office confirmed the petition against Oba Akinremi and said that the office has started investigation over the matter, which he said was brought there before and it was resolved  in 2015 before the latest petition.

One response to “Oba Of Ijegun Lands In Trouble Over Land Grabbing”

  1. Prince Olawale Akinremi says:

    It shall not be well for anybody posting fake information beacous of money

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

In a landslide manner, Hon. Folorunso Ola Western has emerged victorious in the just... Continue
FUNSHO AROGUNDADE  Billionaire magnate and Chairman of FirstHoldCo, Mr. Femi Otedola has appealed to... Continue
The immediate past Executive Chairman of Agege Local Government Area, Ganiyu Kola Egunjobi, and... Continue
AFOLABI SAHEED OLAWALE Head Coach Eric Chelle has picked his Super Eagles’ squad that... Continue
The Anambra State Government said its attention has been drawn to a false and... Continue
A fresh legal battle has broken out at the Federal High Court in Lagos... Continue
           After the collapse of the Bretton Woods system in 1971, when President Richard... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA Chaos erupted on Adeola Almoruf Street, Oja Ale, Ejigbo, Lagos, following machete... Continue
BEN AHANONU   During the 2023 general election, the All Progressives Congress (APC) lost... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE A 27-year old man, James Ugboko, is facing prosecution in a Lagos... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored