Ohanaeze President, Chief Aguene Thanks Ndigbo For Not Participating In Lagos Protest

Posted on August 2, 2024
KINGSLEY EBERE 
Igbo Apex leader and President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Lagos State, Amb. Mayor Solomon Ogbonna Aguene, has thanked Ndigbo for not participating in the ongoing protest in the State following his appeal not to do so.
P.M.EXPRESS reports that Mayor Aguene stated this following the outcome of the day one protest, where most of Ndigbo did not join the protest and stayed at their various homes.
He commended and stated that Ndigbo has demonstrated that they have confidence in his leadership quality and trust in his administration to continue to lead Ndigbo in the State.
Aguene explained that his appeal to Ndigbo not to join on the protest had  total compliance because he told his people it was not appropriate to do so at this critical time that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is trying to revamp the economy of Nigeria.
He thanked the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for his support for Ndigbo over the years and promised that the Igbo will continue to support his administration because of his outstanding performance to transform Lagos State.
He also commended President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his leadership qualities and assured both Governor Sanwo-Olu and President Tinubu that the Igbo will continue to support their administration despite the economic hardship facing Nigerians because things will change for the better.
Amb. Aguene also reacted over some comments made by some people that Ndigbo should leave Lagos and described such comment as diarrhea of the mouth and urged Ndigbo to disregard such comments.
Chief Aguene, who is also the United Nations Peace Ambassador, urged the Igbo to maintain peace and go about their normal businesses.
He had earlier assured the Lagos State Government and the party leaders in the State that Ndigbo will not participate in the protest and will continue to cooperate with them to maintain peace in the State.
While explaining, Chief Aguene stated that it will not make any sense at this period the Federal Government is looking for ways to revamp the economy for some faceless people to be busy mobilizing people to embark on protest to worsen the situation. He declared that Ndigbo will not participate in such senseless protest in the State and has directed the Ndigbo across the Local Councils in the State not to participate.
Aguene noted that truly the people are suffering due to the economic problems facing the country, but embarking on protest will not achieve the desired results because hoodlums will use the opportunity to destroy lives and property in the State.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

ERNIE ONWUMERE  As we celebrate this Master Legislator whose birthday falls on 16 August,... Continue
  The Chief Executive Officer of renowned Buruj Football Club and Sports Academy, Dr.... Continue
Kamsy has become the third housemate to leave the Big Brother Naija Season 11... Continue
Former Governor of Abia State and Senator representing Abia North Senatorial District, Senator Orji... Continue
Oju Eko Initiatives is set to kick off its Community Walk, Fitness and Wellbeing... Continue
Young football talent, Iyida Jacob Obiora, is celebrating his 15th birthday today with a... Continue
The National Coordinator of a support group of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Comrade... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE  The ancient Umuchu town in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State... Continue
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu said the re-election of Governor Ademola Adeleke in the just-concluded... Continue
CAJETAN DUKE In continuation of his engagements with communities across Owerri Zone, yesterday Saturday,... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored