Protest By Niger Delta Ethnic Nationalities Youth Leaders Forum Sponsored By Detractors – Says SYF

Posted on August 30, 2025

The Southern Youth Foundation of Nigeria, SYF, covering 17 states in Southern Nigeria, has carpeted the Niger Delta Ethnic Nationalities Youth Leaders Forum (NDENYLF) over the protest the group staged on Wednesday at the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC Limited) Towers in Abuja, calling on its Group CEO, Mr Bashir Ojulari, to resign his position, describing them as willing tools employed by detractors. 

 

The Southern Youth Foundation questioned the motive behind the protest by NDENYLF and the rationale for demanding that the NNPCL Boss, Mr, Ojulari should be replaced.

 

In a statement issued on Saturday 30th August, 2025, signed by the National President, Ambassador Comrade Emeni Ibe, the SYF said, “For the records, Mr. Bashir Bayo Ojulari is qualified for the job he was appointed by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to do. He is a Southerner and the position has previously been occupied by individuals of Northern extraction without any protest by the so called youth leaders. A cursory look at the demand for his resignation and the appointment of an indigene of the Niger Delta region to head the NNPCL showed that the call was made by mischief makers”.

“We hereby state that Mr. President should ignore them and their sponsors. Just days ago, the SYF passed a vote of confidence on Mr. Ojulari and we stand strongly behind him because his reforms are bringing desired results.”

“During their protest, they also called for the reopening of the Port Harcourt Refinery without making proper findings about the state of the refinery. The NNPCL Boss, Mr. Ojulari, during the recent visit by PENGASSAN, offered clear explanations that the running of the facility was being reviewed as it cannot continue to run at a loss of several millions of Dollars. This sponsored group just want the Port Harcourt refinery to be running without making profits?”

“It is very obvious that their sponsors have ulterior motives, which are not in the best interests of Nigeria and the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. They should therefore, be ignored and their requests dismissed.”

“The SYF hereby state that Mr. Ojulari and his team at NNPCL should be allowed to carry on with the reforms they have initiated and fashion out ways to return the refinery to generating revenue for the economy and not just running for the sake of running.””

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

OLALEKAN ONI  The Executive Chairman of Ikeja Local Government, Comrade Akeem Olalekan Dauda (AKOD),... Continue
The Southern Youth Foundation of Nigeria, SYF, covering 17 states in Southern Nigeria, has... Continue
The Oyo State Road Traffic Management Authority (OYRTMA) said that their attention has been... Continue
The Imo Progressives Movement (IPM) will hold its 3rd National Executive Council (NEC) Meeting... Continue
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has recorded another significant milestone on the international stage... Continue
Globacom has extended heartfelt gratitude to its millions of customers across Nigeria and beyond,... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE    The Board of Trustees (BOT) of the Igbo Speaking Community in... Continue
I have read a couple of posts and heard arguments about this new cost... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA    The Police at the Homicide Unit of the State Criminal Investigation... Continue
Many passengers are surprised – and sometimes angered – when told a flight has... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored