Sanwo-Olu Directs Security Agencies To Raise Vigilance Level, Allays Lagosians’ Fear Over Security Threats

Posted on August 6, 2022

Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Friday, received firsthand briefings on the level of alert from the commanders of all security formations in the State.

This is coming against the background of the reported security threats to the city of Lagos. The security chiefs briefed the Governor during the State security meeting held behind closed doors at the Government House in Marina.

Rising from the meeting, Sanwo-Olu disclosed that members of the State Security Council had reviewed the situation across flashpoints in the State, directing improved vigilance to neutralise intending threats.

The Governor allayed the fears of the residents, telling them there was no reason to panic. He said all security formations had been put on high alert to ensure public safety.

He said: “In the last three and a half hours, we discussed the current security situation in the State and we have reviewed where we are. We have our heads together and come up with a strategy that is assuring to our citizens. Our men are alive to their responsibilities and they are ready to ensure safety of lives and properties of our citizens is not compromised in any way.

“All of the security agencies have been activated not to cause panic; they have been reassured of not only the support of the State Government, they also have been encouraged to be vigilant in their statutory responsibilities.”

Sanwo-Olu told the residents to be law-abiding and not to hesitate in raising an alarm when they notice suspicious activities around them and in their communities.

The Governor said security remained everyone’s business, urging the residents to work with the Government in containing any threats that could potentially disturb the peace in the State.

“I urged our citizens to continue to go about their lawful duties and be law-abiding. Security is everybody’s business. We implore our residents to join us in this effort, and say something whenever they notice suspicious activities around them,” the Governor said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Google has reaffirmed its commitment to supporting journalism and helping build a more sustainable... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE A 29-year-old woman has been arraigned before the Ojo Magistrate Court in... Continue
The Executive Governor of Anambra State, Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, has congratulated Osun... Continue
  AISHA ABUBAKAR The Nigeria Police Force, through operatives of the INTERPOL National Central... Continue
NZE JAMES CHINONYEREM  Every generation is confronted by defining moments; moments when decline must... Continue
CHUKS NWOKEJI  The attempt to instigate an internal crisis in Orsu Local Government and... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA  A Lagos State-based clergyman, Chima Michael Amechi, has called on the Inspector... Continue
Notable Niger Delta socio-cultural group, the Orashi National Congress, ONC, has received royal commendation... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA Two suspects have been arraigned before a Lagos Magistrate Court over allegations... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE  A disagreement has emerged within the Lagos State chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored