We’ll Shut Down On Saturday — EEDC Tells Electricity Users In Southeast

Posted on February 24, 2024

IZUNNA OKAFOR 

The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC), has said it would temporarily shut down its vending platform on 24th February, 2024, as the Company processes rollover in preparation for the STS prepaid meter upgrade, apologizing to the electricity consumers for any inconveniences that may cause them.
The EEDC Head of Corporate Communications Officer, Mr. Emeka Ezeh, disclosed this information in a statement made available to newsmen on Friday in Awka, in which he also announced that the upgrading exercise would last between 6.am to 10 pm on Saturday. He added that customers using prepaid meter would not have the ability to recharge or purchase energy tokens during the period of upgrade.
According to him, normal meter recharge activities would resume immediately after the rollover is completed. He emphasized that the first meter recharge following the rollover would include three sets of 20-digit tokens necessary for upgrading the meters.
“Customers are instructed to input the first 20 digits and press “Enter”, followed by the second 20 digits and “Enter” and finally, the third 20 digits (the energy token) to complete the upgrade process,” he said.
Providing more guides, the Head of Corporate Communications further advised customers to load earlier purchased tokens onto their meters before administering the three sets of 20-digit tokens, adding that “Once the meter is upgraded, previously purchased tokens that have not been loaded will no longer be accepted.”
He also hinted that the exercise was free and would not affect standalone customers and the customers using postpaid.
“It is important to note that this exercise is free of charge and does not impact Postpaid and Standalone customers. For additional inquiries and clarification, customers can contact the 24/7 Call Center at 084 700 100. MTN users are encouraged to call 02084700100,” he concluded.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

CYRIACUS IZUEKWE  The Federal Government has commissioned two upgraded transmission substations in Lagos, adding... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE  A 62-year-old man, Mr. Somade Segun, is facing charges before a Lagos... Continue
  The Oyo State Government has commenced further engagements with Community Development Council (CDC)... Continue
KACHI E. AGWU takes a closer look at the Benue judgment, competing retainerships, the... Continue
Africa’s energy story is entering a pivotal chapter. The question is no longer whether... Continue
PROSPER OKOYE   More than 250 young professionals and youth leaders converged in Makurdi, Benue... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA A 27-year-old man, Iyamu Isaac, was arraigned before a Lagos Magisterial District... Continue
The Chief Executive Officer of Buruj Football Club and Buruj Sports Academy, Dr. Salaudeen... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE   A 25-year-old man, Emeka Innocent, was arraigned before an Ikeja Magisterial District... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored