DSS Launches Manhunt For Eze Frederick Nwajiagu Over Alleged Coronation As Ezendigbo Gburugburu

Posted on May 19, 2026

KINGSLEY EBERE

The Directorate of State Security (DSS) has begun a manhunt for Eze Frederick Nwajiagu, the Ezendigbo of Ajao Estate, following the purported coronation as Ezendigbo Gburugburu 2, the title organized by some Igbo groups in Lagos State.
P.M.EXPRESS reports that the operatives of the DSS in Lagos stormed Nwajiagu’s residence in the Ago Okota area to apprehend him. The move is reportedly linked to the recent coronation ceremony, which has drawn the attention of security agencies over its compliance with state laws.
Eze Nwajiagu confirmed that he was aware of the DSS search for him but denied that he had been arrested during the visit to his house. He said he managed to avoid arrest at the time and informed the officials that he would honour their invitation on Tuesday.
The traditional leader, also known as Onatala Dike Mma Ndigbo, stated that he intends to cooperate with the security agency.
He had earlier told P.M.EXPRESS that he was duly issued certificates by undisclosed Igbo groups recognizing him for the position of Ezendigbo in Lagos State.
It remains unclear if Eze Nwajiagu will present the certificates issued by the Igbo leaders to the DSS during his scheduled appearance.
The documents are expected to form part of his explanation regarding the basis of the title and the authority under which it was conferred.
The development comes amid ongoing tension over chieftaincy titles in Lagos. The Lagos State Government has enacted laws that prohibit the conferment of certain traditional titles without official recognition, a measure aimed at regulating traditional institutions within the state.
If Nwajiagu presents the certificates to the DSS, it could implicate some Igbo leaders who participated in the coronation.
Legal analysts note that any violation of the state’s chieftaincy laws could expose the organizers to prosecution under the relevant statutes.
The DSS has not issued an official statement on the matter as of press time. Security sources say the agency is seeking clarification on the legality of the coronation and the roles played by the individuals involved.
Eze Nwajiagu has maintained that he is a law-abiding citizen and will cooperate fully with the investigation. He urged members of the public to avoid speculation until the authorities conclude their inquiries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Teeming members of the All Progressives Congress across the Lagos East Senatorial District have... Continue
Dangote Petroleum Refinery & Petrochemicals has reduced the price of aviation fuel (Jet A1)... Continue
KEMI ADEOSUN Every language has words that travel. Wahala needed no translation when it... Continue
Each year, the African Energy Industry’s “African Energy Person of the Year” award celebrates... Continue
The Permanent Chairman of the Southern Nigerian Traditional Rulers Council (SNTRC), Arole Oodua Olofin... Continue
KINGSLEY EBERE The Directorate of State Security (DSS) has begun a manhunt for Eze... Continue
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE A leading global biopharmaceutical executive, Henrietta Ukwu, has issued a powerful call... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA The Osobia of Ijebu Makun-Omi, Waterside LGA of Ogun State, Oba  Kazeem... Continue
​On May 13, 2026, The Punch newspaper disseminated a highly sensationalized and egregiously misleading... Continue
CHRISTIAN ABURIME Governor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR has taken the most definitive step yet... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored