Lagos State Govt Seeks Action On Cybersecurity As Awareness Month Kicks Off 

Posted on October 5, 2024

The Lagos State Government is joining the rest of the World to mark the Y2024 Cyber Security Awareness Month, with a challenge to all to prioritise online safety. According to the government, cybersecurity is everyone’s responsibility.

 

A statement by the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Technology said the Government will celebrate the 2024 Cyber Security Awareness Month to highlight the growing importance of cybersecurity in the daily lives of individuals and businesses.

 

The statement is signed by the Commissioner, Mr. Tubosun Alake. With the theme, “Secure Our World”, activities for the month-long event aim to spotlight cyber security best practices and rally everyone to combat cyber threats as they take important steps every day to secure their world and stay safe online

Reiterating the commitment of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s administration to cyber security, the statement adds that the Government takes cybersecurity seriously. Earlier in the year, Lagos became the first state in Nigeria to set up an advisory board to provide oversight and advise the government, through the Ministry of Innovation, Science, and Technology, on cybersecurity best practices for a cyber secure and smart Lagos.

The Cyber Security Awareness Month 2024, which runs through October, is a call to action by the Government for all residents and organisations to protect themselves and businesses from online dangers with simple, effective steps.

Statement said: “From mobile to connected home devices, technology is deeply intertwined in our lives. Emerging technologies have many great benefits for society, but with those new technologies come new opportunities for bad actors to disrupt online activities at home, school, or work”.

“The Ministry of Innovation, Science, and Technology will be sharing important information, tips, and strategies to help individuals and businesses in Lagos protect their information assets against the ever-evolving threat via social media, TV, and radio interviews”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

KINGSLEY EBERE A 32-year old man, Wisdom Solomon, has been charged before the Lagos... Continue
MAZI EJIMOFOR OPARA  If you’ve ever walked through Onitsha Main Market at 8 a.m.,... Continue
MICHAEL AKINOLA  A 37-year-old man, Oluwafemi Lekan, has landed in trouble in Ekiti State... Continue
A support group loyal to Lagos State House of Assembly aspirant, Mr Gbolahan Bago-Stowe,... Continue
In a landslide manner, Hon. Folorunso Ola Western has emerged victorious in the just... Continue
FUNSHO AROGUNDADE  Billionaire magnate and Chairman of FirstHoldCo, Mr. Femi Otedola has appealed to... Continue
The immediate past Executive Chairman of Agege Local Government Area, Ganiyu Kola Egunjobi, and... Continue
AFOLABI SAHEED OLAWALE Head Coach Eric Chelle has picked his Super Eagles’ squad that... Continue
The Anambra State Government said its attention has been drawn to a false and... Continue
A fresh legal battle has broken out at the Federal High Court in Lagos... Continue

UBA


Access Bank

Twitter

Sponsored