Ohanaeze Youths Issue Disclaimer Over Purported Statement On Anambra
The Youth Wing of the Anambra State Chapter of the apex Igbo Sociocultural and Political organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has issued a disclaimer over purported support to the listing of candidates for the Gubernatorial election in Anambra State by the electoral umpire, INEC.
The group said, “The Attention of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Youth Wing, Anambra State, led by Mazi Chukwuma Okpalaezeukwu – Youth Leader Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Anambra State, under the authentic and capable leadership of Prince Emeka Udodme(Odegba)as State President and Amb. Prof. George Obiozor (UgwuMba) as President General; has been drawn to the unprintable fallacy, published on social media and other related platforms with the caption “OHANAEZE YOUTHS SAYS INEC’s DECISION ON PUBLICATION OF HON. CHUKWUMA UMEOJI KSJI AS APGA CANDIDATE GAVE HOPE TO ANAMBRA PEOPLE”.
“We hereby disclaim responsibility of such mischievous publication, and therefore, refute such impersonation as follows:
1. Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo as the Apex Igbo Socio-Cultural and Political Organization is non-partisan, and therefore do not indulge nor interfere in any political party affairs; be it Inter and /or Intra. On this note, We warn, in strong terms, the Mischief Makers to desist from such impersonation, with the tendencies of dragging the renowned reputation of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo to the mud.
2. We recognize the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as a competent democratic institution, that is Commited to the Provisions of the Rule of Law and the Electoral Act (2010 as Amended).
3. We are concerned about the Online Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) exercise that is rapidly ongoing across the State without the complementary Bio- metric data.We propose for a more broad and effective way of Bio-Metric data collation as the current measures tends to congest to process of Voter Registrations.We therefore admonish INEC to consider this challenge and expeditiously attend to it.
4. We call on all eligible Ndi Anambra, both Indigenes and Residents especially Youths, to consciously participate in the ongoing Voter Registration exercise in order to consolidate the tenets and dividend of Democracy.
5. Igbo Youths in Anambra State are committed to a Transparent, Credible, Peaceful, Free and Fair Election on November 6, 2021.We therefore urge all Gubernatorial Candidates, irrespective of political party, to desist from any act of violence and other civil vices that is capable of undermining the success of the forthcoming Election in Anambra State.
6. We pledge unreserved Solidarity and Support to the Security Agencies in order to maximize impact and serve the purpose.
Together, Anambra is Safe and Secure.” Mazi Chukwuma Okpalaezeukwu, Youth Leader, Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo, Anambra State concluded.