We Stand With Gov. Siminalayi Fubara & Rt. Hon. Edison Ehie – Says ONC
Posted on November 27, 2023
In keeping with the traditions and mandate of the Orashi National Congress, ONC, a crucial meeting was held on 26th November, 2023, in Ahoada town, with stakeholders taking position on current situations of things in Rivers State.
After the crucial meeting, the ONC, through the President General, Most Snr. Comrade Emeni Ibe said,
1. Through a resolution by a motion moved by Mr. Johnson Hope and seconded by Mr. Eze Opara respectively,
the Leadership of the Orashi National Congress passed a vote of confidence on the Executive Governor of Rivers State, His Excellency, Sir Siminalayi Fubara and resolved to continue to support his administration.
2. We call on the Commissioner of Police Rivers State to be neutral and professional in all his dealings in Rivers State and assure the Rivers State Police Command of the support of Orashi People in the provision of useful information that will enable them seamlessly carry out their responsibility.
3. That Orashi region will resist any attempt to arrest the Rivers Assembly Speaker, Rt Hon Edison Ehie, with any trump charge because of his support for the Governor of Rivers State.
4. We equally support the leadership of Rt Hon Ehie Edison as the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly and condemn the attack by some security operatives on his house.
5. Finally, we call on the Rivers people to remain calm, resolute and law abiding.”