Ogun West: All 5 Legislative Houses Endorse Gov Abiodun & Senator Adeola
The Legislative Houses of the 5 Local Government Areas that made up Ogun West Senatorial District, today Wednesday 11th May, 2022, met and unanimously endorsed the incumbent Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun for a second term as well as the aspiration of Senator Solomon Adeola to represent Ogun West at the Red Chambers of the National Assembly.
At the end of the meeting, they issued the communique below:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE JOINT MEETING OF THE 5 LOCAL GOVERNMENT LEGISLATIVE HOUSES IN OGUN WEST HELD AT ILARO ON WEDNESDAY 11TH MAY, 2022.
1. The 5 Local Government Legislative Houses in Ogun West under the leadership of the leaders of the houses today 11th May, 2022 held a joint meeting to take a common decision on political developments in Ogun West vis-a-vis the upcoming 2023 general elections. The 5 Legislative leaders and 49 other Councillors were in attendance.
2. The Forum of Ogun West Councillors appreciate the good work that our leader, the Governor of Ogun State HE Prince Dr. Dapo Abiodun is doing to develop our various local governments and Ogun West in general.
3. We absolutely condemn the campaign of calumny against the Governor that is currently going on in the media and concluded that we are fully committed to the second term election of Prince Dapo Abiodun and therefore unanimously endorse him for second term in office.
4. That we pledge to work day and night with all resources at our disposal to ensure that Governor Dapo Abiodun and his Deputy Engr. Noimot Salako-Oyedele are returned to office for the second term as Governor and Deputy Governor of Ogun State respectively.
5. We appreciate the distinguished Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola Yayi for the wonderful work he has been doing to the good people of Ogun west in the past and in recent time.
6.That all the leaders of the Legislative arm of the 5 local governments in Ogun west coupled with their councillors hereby affirm our full support for the emergence of Senator Adeola as APC Senatorial candidate in Ogun West and his election as senator to represent our Senatorial District in Abuja in 2023 to 2027.
7. That we use this medium to call on our leaders in Ogun West to prevail on other senatorial aspirants that are interested in Ogun West Senate seat to voluntarily drop their ambition and support Senator Adeola as the sole aspirant of the party in Ogun West in the overall interest of our Senatorial District and our party, the APC.
8. That the forum looks forward to better empowerment and welfare packages for all our members from our dear Governor during the current term and in his second term in office.
Signed for Forum of Ogun West Councillors:
1. Hon. Bukola Balogun OmosowonLeader, Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Legislative House
2. Hon. Akindele Lawrence.Leader, Imeko-Afon Local Government Legislative House.
3. Hon. Zangode Ezikiel MautinLeader, Ipokia Local Government Legislative House.
4. Hon. Obadina Taiwo AfeezLeader, Yewa North Local Government Legislative House.
5. Hon. Talabi Olamitan SafiuLeader, Yewa South Local Government Legislative House